We invite you to share these weekly Advent Guides with members of your parish, as a way to further engage your people and help everyone prepare for Christ’s coming on Christmas. Here are a few suggestions to help you distribute this resource to your parishioners:
- Post the guide to your parish website; include a link to download.
- Promote it on social media; include a link to download (sample message below).
- Send it out through FlockNote or similar email platform (sample message below).
- Print hard copies and distribute at Masses or leave in the back of church.
- Develop daily social media posts based on content from that week’s guide.
Sample FlockNote Messaging
[HEADLINE] Advent Guide Series – Second Sunday of Advent
To assist you and the other members of <
[SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT – DOWNLOAD THE GUIDE HERE!]
This Second Sunday of Advent, we reflect on the ways that we can prepare the way of the Lord and make straight his paths, as we anticipate his coming this Christmas. Let us ask ourselves what parts of our life could be ‘made straight’ in order to more fully welcome Christ and share his light with others. We hope you find this week’s guide helpful!
Sample Social Media: Sunday, 12/6
How can we prepare the way for the Lord – in our personal lives, with our family, in our relationship with God, with our coworkers and friends? This Advent, we are being called to “conduct ourselves in holiness and devotion” (2 Pet 3:12). Here is a prayer guide for the Second Sunday of Advent to help you prepare your heart for Christ’s coming this Christmas.
[Include graphic and link to download guide.]VIEW ALL STEIER TIPS POSTS